In follow up of the launch of the Nurturing Care Framework (NCF) in May 2018, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the World Bank Group with support from PMNCH and ECDAN convened a meeting called: Innovating for early childhood development: What we have learnt to strengthen programming for nurturing care.
– To take stock of implementation of the Framework in countries;
– To define future strategic directions and partnerships for technical support and accelerated actions in countries.
During the meeting participants:
– Discussed country experiences and identify principles and enablers that are relevant for effective implementation of interventions that support nurturing care in different contexts;
– Discussed the findings of a survey on innovations to support nurturing care with the aim to develop principles for capturing and curating innovations that are feasible for implementation at scale in a variety of context;
– Discussed the development of a user-friendly implementation guidance platform, harnessing available experiences and resources, and providing modalities for knowledge exchange and joint learning; and
– Discussed future strategy and processes for alignment of technical assistance to countries.
Materials prepared for the meeting
– Operationalizing the Nurturing Care Framework for Early Childhood Development: The role of the health sector alongside other sectors (download from this page)
– Summary of how the Nurturing Care Framework has been disseminated and taken up worldwide since the launch in May 2018 (the report and associated map can be downloaded here).