We need to reimagine support for caregivers. This message is at the heart of this edition of Early Childhood Matters, where stories that centre on the wellbeing of parents and caregivers — from Kenya to Brazil, from India to Ethiopia, and from New Zealand to the Netherlands — show what is possible when they are supported as humans first.
The Bernard van Leer Foundation has launched their 2023 issue, with participants in the event meeting and hearing directly from the authors whose stories on caring for caregivers, are also stories where children and entire communities flourish.
Moderator: Tanmoy Goswami, Creator, Sanity by Tanmoy, an independent mental health storytelling platform
- Harriet Shugarman, Inaugural Co-Chair, Advisory Council, Our Kids’ Climate
- Lucy Jones, Author, Matrescence
- Nikhil Chaudhary, Assistant Professor in Human Evolutionary and Behavioural Ecology University of Cambridge
- Sabrina Habib, Co-founder and Chief Exploration Officer, Kidogo
- More speakers to be announced.