There will be a stakeholder consultation meeting in Nairobi, Kenya from 14-16 October 2018. The purpose of the meeting is:
1) To orient countries on the Nurturing Care Framework for ECD;
2) To share practical country experiences in strengthening the role of the health sector to support nurturing care at national and district levels: Lessons learnt and challenges;
3) To discuss a monitoring framework and draft indicators for assessing nurturing care, at population and individual levels, covering aspects of : inputs, outputs , outcomes, and impact alongside measures of implementation fidelity and quality;
4) To develop country specific action plans to integrate and institutionalize nurturing care into national policies and systems, with a specific focus on the health sector, and with attention to all five strategic actions of the nurturing care framework;
5) To agree on next steps for facilitating the implementation of the country plans.