Date: Wednesday Dec. 9, 2020
Time: 09:00 (EST) | 14:00 (GMT) | 15:00 (CET) | 17:00 (EAT) | 19:30 (IST)
Duration: 90 minutes
ECDAN, UNICEF, the Aga Khan Foundation and the LEGO Foundation hosted a webinar on 9 December 2020 on the subject of nurturing care for children with development delays and disabilities.
Early childhood is a period where the foundation of a child’s life trajectory is set. When development is delayed or at-risk of being delayed, interventions (including play-based approaches) during the early years that promote holistic development can reverse or mitigate long term impact of developmental delays. Parents and caregivers of young children need support so they can be best equipped to help their children at home and find the right outside services.
This global webinar delved into the challenges, emerging research from Kenya, and practical country examples from Mozambique, Tajikistan and Peru. The webinar highlighted how children with developmental delays and disabilities can have the best chance to not only survive, but also thrive.
You can watch the recording here.
• Sohee Won — The LEGO Foundation
• Bernadette Daelmans — World Health Organization (WHO)
• Asma Maladwala — United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
• Amina Abubakar — Aga Khan University, Institute for Human Development
• Svetlana Drivdal — PATH
• Zarina Kurbonbekova — Aga Khan Foundation, Tajikistan
• Maria Elena Ugaz — United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Peru
• Sweta Shah — Aga Khan Foundation