This webinar from the Early Childhood Development Action Network (ECDAN) brought together key global agencies including WHO, UNICEF, the World Bank, ARNEC and other partners in order to:
- Provide a briefing on resources and actions being mobilized by each agency in response to COVID-19
- Identify key supports being given to government systems to mobilize services for caregivers and their children, including workplace policy responses, childcare, parental mental health supports, and other key services.
- Provide key messages and best practices for parents and caregivers to ensure children’s health and well-being in disrupted social environments as a result of social-distancing measures and lockdowns with special consideration for children with disabilities and other developmental needs.
- Provide key messages and best practices for parents and caregivers to ensure that their own physical and mental health are taken care of given the potential stress and impact from employment loss, disrupted childcare and community support from social-isolation, and reduced or no access to essential services and resources.
- Provide Q&A and panel discussion about the current needs and joint strategic actions by the global ECD community