Do engaging fathers and bundling nutrition and parenting interventions improve young child diets and development and promote gender equality?
Date: March 22, 2022
Time: 9:00am to 10.30am ET
Please join Global Communities as they share results from EFFECTS, a 5-arm cluster-randomized trial implemented in Northern Tanzania alongside partners the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Purdue University, and the Africa Academy for Public Health, with support from the Eleanor Crook Foundation and Conrad N. Hilton Foundation.
This virtual conversation will bring together leading experts across the fields of global health, early childhood development, nutrition and gender, with a focus on collaborative, multi-sectoral, and father-inclusive approaches to maximize benefits to maternal, child, and family well-being. The EFFECTS study highlights the feasibility and benefits of addressing early childhood development, nutrition, and gender in one program.
• Carrie Hessler-Radelet, President, Global Communities
• Mary Pat Kieffer, EFFECTS Principal Investigator, Global Communities
• Lauren Galvin, Senior Technical Advisor Health & Gender, Global Communities
• Dr. Aisha Yousafzai, Associate Professor of Global Health, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
• Dr. Nilupa Gunaratna, Associate Professor, Department of Global Health, Purdue University
• Dr. Mary Mwanyika-Sando, Chief Executive Officer at the Africa Academy for Public Health
• Dr. Lynette Okengo, Executive Director, Africa Early Childhood Network
• Clara Alemann, Director of Programs, Promundo