“Harnessing Technology: a review of digital tools supporting parents and the early childhood workforce” is a knowledge resource presenting the latest insights into current technology-enabled tools designed to support the parents, caregivers, and the early childhood workforce of children ages 0 to 5 worldwide.
Digital tools have become increasingly prevalent in supporting early childhood development (ECD) globally, representing a great potential to reach a wider audience and improve access and quality of support to young children.
The launch of this new report from the Bernard van Leer Foundation and R4D focused on their features, objectives, and current practices, as well as key success factors, and design, implementation, and dissemination challenges. The report also includes an interactive database showcasing 23 unique digital tools and features, as well as four case studies on partnership, adaptation, user engagement, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Farah Akeel, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Queen Rania Foundation
- Dr. Noxolo Gqada, Portfolio Lead, Reach Digital Health, South Africa National Department of Health
- Jane Sebidi, Deputy Director/MomConnect Manager, South Africa National Department of Health
- Ana Amélia Prevatta, Product Manager, Descobrir Brincando
- Leila Saita, Product Manager, Descobrir Brincando
- Laura Ochoa Foschini, Early Years Expert, Bernard van Leer Foundation
- Michelle Neuman, Senior Fellow, Results for Development
- Shreya Prakash, Early Childhood Research Consultant, Results for Development