This is a webinar offered by ISSA and R4D under the Early Childhood Workforce Initiative, in partnership with ECDAN and AfECN.
The early childhood workforce has been at the core of the challenging situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic. There is a great deal of pressure, responsibility, and anxiety surrounding the early childhood workforce, at a time when young children and parents need them more than ever. In this webinar we will learn from the experience of Brazil, Norway, and South Africa as we explore the following questions:
– What measures have been taken to protect and support the early childhood workforce who operated from distance or worked in services that remained open during this crisis?
– What plans are in place for the re-opening of childcare and education services? To what extent do they provide protection and support to the workforce?
- Sissel Havre (Norway) – Senior Advisor, Education and Research, Union of Education
- Grace Matlhape (South Africa) – Chief Executive Officer, Smart Start
- Joan Lombardi – Director, Early Opportunities
- Mihaela Ionescu – Program Director, ISSA – the International Step by Step Association