Date: February 23, 2021
Time: 8:00-9:00 AM EST (GMT-5)
In Uganda, similar to other low- and middle-income countries, maternal undernutrition and inadequate gestational weight gain are prevalent and of growing concern. The Government of Uganda and partners are working together to help prevent maternal undernutrition during pregnancy and the postnatal period, including lactation.
Join USAID to hear more about recommended implementation priorities for maternal nutrition that align with and support the newly drafted Maternal, Infant, Young Child, and Adolescent Nutrition guidelines, which were developed by the Uganda Ministry of Health and partners. USAID Advancing Nutrition and the USAID Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition Activity in Uganda identified priorities as a result a pilot of recently developed maternal nutrition operational guidance.
Kate Litvin, Technical Specialist, USAID Advancing Nutrition
• Samalie Namukose, Agricultural Assistant Commissioner/Nutrition Division, Uganda Ministry of Health
• Maureen Bakunzi, Assistant Commissioner, Strategic Coordination and Implementation, Uganda Office of Prime Minister
• Heather Smith-Taylor, Director, USAID Uganda’s Health and HIV Office
• Muniirah Mbabazi, Consultant, USAID Advancing Nutrition
• Hanifa Bachou, Nutrition Technical Director, USAID Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Activity
You can register for this event here.