Date: September 16, 2021. 8:00-9:30 am EDT
The U.S. Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan and the COVID-19 Infant Feeding Research Interest Group (CIF-RIG) invited interested parties to attend a webinar on infant feeding during HIV, Ebola, and COVID-19. The hosts reviewed recent experiences in reaction to global infectious disease impact on infant feeding practices and began a discussion on how lessons learned might be leveraged to improve future readiness and impact.
Opening and closing remarks were made by Dan Raiten, Program Director - Nutrition, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development/NIH.
• HIV - Nigel Rollins, Department of Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent (MCA) Health, WHO
• Ebola - Mija Ververs, Center for Humanitarian Health, Johns Hopkins University
• COVID-19 - Linda Shaker Berbari, IFE Core Group Facilitator, Emergency Nutrition Network
Moderator - Kristen Cashin, Director of Nutrition and Health Systems, USAID Advancing Nutrition
• Alison Cernich, Deputy Director National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH
• Grainne Moloney, Senior Advisor on Early Childhood Nutrition, UNICEF
• Rajiv Bahl, Unit Head of Newborn Health—MCA, WHO
• Lindy Fenlason, Senior Nutrition and Capacity Building Advisor, USAID