In January 2019 the Ghana Health Service organized a national stakeholders' meeting to discuss implementation of the Nurturing Care Framework. The meeting took place in Accra, with participants including:
• Dr. Emmanuel Odame, Director of Policy Planning Monitoring & Evaluation (PPME), who represented the Minister of Health;
• Dr Anthony Nsiah-Asare, Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS);
• Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye, Director of Family Health, Ghana Health Service (GHS);
• Dr. Peter Yeboah, Executive Director of CHAG, and;
• Niyi Ojuolape, UNFPA country representative.
A few days later, Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye was interviewed on the local news. He explained why the Ghana Health Service cares about all components of nurturing care, and he shared examples of some of the things that can be done with minimal cost. When asked how long this project would last, he responded: "We don't really need a timeline. This is something we must institutionalize."
Here's the full interview:
More information on what happened at the national meeting can be found in the following reports: