The Bernard van Leer Foundation recommends five practical steps health and social services can take to support babies, toddlers and the people who care for them during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Prioritise early years health and nutrition services.
- Continue to provide parent coaching and support through remote means.
- Support the continued provision of childcare services.
- Provide mental health services to caregivers and families with young children.
- Invest in preventing and addressing domestic violence.
In explaining each step, the Foundation provides a wealth of information on practical responses and initiatives that are taking place around the world today, with examples from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Mozambique, the Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, the United States and Zambia.
This brief is part of a series on ways to limit the impact of Covid-19 on babies, toddlers and the people who care for them.
You can access the brief here.