This WHO webinar is aimed at users of the Global Scales for Early Development (GSED). The GSED is an innovative package designed to measure early childhood development globally, using a scale called the Developmental-score (D-score). This webinar is meant to be a tutorial designed to provide an in-depth exploration of the scoring of the GSED measures, including a hands-on demonstration of calculating scores from GSED data.
The webinar is structured to cater to both technical and non-technical participants, ensuring comprehensibility across varying levels of expertise.
- Technical introduction to the GSED D-score: Understand the foundational aspects of the D-score
- Practical demonstration using R & R-Shiny: A hands-on demonstration of generating D-scores, including a walkthrough of the Shiny app and relevant R packages.
- Current and future usages and interpretation: A discussion of the practical uses of the GSED package and interpretation of the D-score
Presenters and Moderators
The webinar will feature a panel of experts involved in the conceptualization and development of the GSED.
- Stef van Buuren (TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands)
- Iris Eekhout (TNO, Leiden, Netherlands)
- Dana McCoy (Graduate School of Education, Harvard, USA)
- Gareth McCray (School of Medicine, Keele University, UK)
- Jonathan Seiden (Graduate School of Education, Harvard, USA)
- Ann Weber (School of Public Health, University of Nevada, USA)
- Vanessa Cavallera (World Health Organization, Switzerland)