Tip sheets to promote positive parent-child interactionsA series of handouts recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics that can be used as part of trainings and/or by health professionals during routine interactions with parents and children.
1. "Face time" and caregiver mental health (initial visit)
2. Emotions are the first language (9 month visit)
3. Tantrums, time out, and time in (18 month visit)
4. Building emotional intelligence (36 month visit)
5. Tips to promote social-emotional health among young children.
Organization: American Academy of Pediatrics
Web link: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/EBCD/Pages/Patient-Handouts.aspx